Last night we (the YouNow team) presented live at the NY Tech Meetup (NYTM).
Things kicked off with the NYTM organizers, Jessica Lawrence (@jessicalawrence) and Nate Westheimer (@innonate), giving some cool announcements about the progress of the organization and setting the stage for the demoers. The action began shortly after, with YouNow presenting second.
Our founder, Adi Sideman, presented alongside John Exley to show the audience our key features, and give them a taste of the live content on YouNow.
- “We took live broadcasting and turned it into a social game.”
- “People live a lifetime and don’t get to perform in front of a live audience. With this system we provide the airtime and the eyeballs.”
Check out the event below, (we go on at the 14 minute mark)!
The lineup included a number of other NY-based tech startup companies:
- PunchUp – www.punchup.com – @PunchUp
- YouNow – http://younow.com – @younow
- Deaftel – www.deaftel.com – @deaftel
- Buyosphere – http://www.buyosphere.com – @buyosphere
- Chat & – www.chatAND.com
- Sonic Notify – www.sonicnotify.com – @SonicNotify
- ObscuraCam (Witness & The Guardian Project) – http://witness.org – @witnessorg
- Fluidinfo – http://fluidinfo.com – @fluidinfo
- Memberly – http://member.ly – @memberly
Wondering about NYTM? Here’s a description from their website:
“…the NY Tech Meetup has over 19,000 members, representing professionals from all parts of the New York technology community. NYTM centers around its monthly events, where members gather to watch emerging companies demo new ideas, hear leading-edge thinking on technology topics, and build their networks to develop their businesses. NYTM has been integral in the birth of New York’s new Silicon Alley, with nearly every notable new company, including foursquare and tumblr, making their debut at a NYTM demo.”